.

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Surviving Your Dentist and Bitcoin


Hello
1 I am a retired lawyer - for 30 years I defended dentists in malpractice suits. I can tell you with some authority...you are exactly correct!!
Many years ago I started going to see other dentists every time one told me I had a cavity. I'd go to another dentist, never mention I'd already been to see one, & the 2nd one would never mention a cavity.
I also learned to never say I was having tooth pain (they are taught to ask). Just say "no problems" & see if they can find it.
Obviously, there are exceptions, but...
2 As for why we have such an inefficient medical system, Milton Friedman accurately described it back in the 1970's. The problem is too much money. Government programs pump billions in to medical schools & they have to spend it. This is why we have studies on pregnant pigs, studies on insects, conflicting studies on the most minute aspect of everything. They have to spend that money. Way too much supply for the demand. So medical folks create more demand!
3 I'm enjoying your book on the Argentina Collapse. Very good! Thanks for writing it.
Do you have an opinion on Bitcoin in preparation for an economic collapse? I don't see it on your site..
Thanks!
Jack
.
Thanks Jack for sharing your experience. I’m glad you’re enjoying my book too.
I agree about this being a money problem (seems its always the issue). They just have to milk money out of the sheep any way they can.
About bitcoin. I may have talked about it before but I’m no expert. Some of the most evil people in the planet seem to hate bitcoin so that makes me like it already. It may be a huge thing in the future, and today it does have a place for sure. It’s hard to understand what digital money actually is. I know it took me enough time, but once you understand why it’s “mined” and why that is important you understand it a bit better. I think its another tool in the tool box. I think of it as a digital version of gold, with some advantages over it and obviously some disadvantages, the greatest one clearly being the lack of time proven acceptance over thousands of years like precious metals. In a diversified portfolio I think it does have a place and I understand why people are excited about it although I try to be cautious.
Regards,
FerFAL
Fernando “FerFAL” Aguirre is the author of “The Modern Survival Manual: Surviving the Economic Collapse” and “Bugging Out and Relocating: When Staying is not an Option”.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in the middle of having either a root canal or dental implant decision so take what I say for what its worth. My coworkers who religiously go to dentist are the people who complain about how much it costs them. Those of us who stay away from dentists until a problem shows up have less complaints.

For the record, before breaking a tooth last month, my last dentist appointment was December 7 - 1981. I brushed and sometimes (not always) floss. My tooth breaking was due to heart medications I take - a side effect apparently. Oh well.

kanuuker said...

The way to think about bitcoin, and money in general, is that it's merely a container of value. Think of a letter. Whether your letter was sent via snail mail or email matters not, it's the message that is the value. Gold and bitcoin are simply different containers of value. The major advantage that bitcoin has over gold is that it allows for trading over distances without having to trust a middleman. It's also incredibly easy to hide without having to dig holes in your back yard. I'm very big on bitcoin and can't recommend enough that people get into it. It's the future of money and the basis for a new and free path out of this quagmire we find ourselves in thanks to the tptb.