.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Dextro Energy Tablets



“You should have hard candy for hiking and long marches. Sugar gives your muscles quick energy.”
How many times have you heard this or something along those lines? Well it is true, up to a point.
Candy has sugar, but may have other chemicals you don’t want and even the kind of sugar may be just corn syrup or God knows what else. You see, not all sugars are alike. What give you the best results will be dextrose, also known as glucose.

Dextro Energy Tablets Orange 47g





There are some Dextrose tablets that taste just like candy out there, stock up on those instead of just buying candy that tastes sweet. Dextrose will go directly to your bloodstream and the energy kick is more noticeable.

The one I’m storing is this one, Dextro Energy, that’s 88% Dextrose that also has vitamin C. Its orange flavor, tastes pretty good. Check if you have some other options in your local supermarket. Read the ingredients so as to know what you’re buying.


Take care!
FerFAL

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This guy:

http://www.brendanbrazier.com/#!bio

uses these:

http://shop.myvega.com/sequel-estore-us/On-Promotion-us

Ryan said...

For relatively long (over an hour) high intensity events I eat candy. Something that can be eaten fast vs say hard candy is best.

I usually go with the fun sized candy bar variety pack. They are individually wrapped so you can have a cargo pocket full of them and take a bite at a time without getting a mess.

Also if you know something is coming eat a bunch of pizza or pasta and force water down your throat until you begin to feel sick the night before.

Unknown said...

When I go hiking or hunting, I carry honey. It can give me energy when needed and since it is also natures antibacterial, I apply small amounts on cuts and scrapes and then apply a bandaid. It has never failed me.

Unknown said...

When I go hiking or hunting, I carry honey. It can give me energy when needed and since it is also natures antibacterial, I apply small amounts on cuts and scrapes and then apply a bandaid. It has never failed me.

Anonymous said...

I'm more a raisons and peanuts (Gorp) fan, a heavy duty zip lock baggie in jacket pocket will keep the munchies at bay during even a long hike.

SurvivalAndProsperity.com said...

Thanks for the informative post FerFAL. Around me in Chicago, it seems like the Dex4 brand of glucose tablets is more widely-available than Dextro. Thinking about picking some up. Anyone ever try Dex4?

Anonymous said...

Corn syrup is a good source of dextrose.