.

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Why you want short hair in a fight


So I was messing around with my oldest son today. As I suppose most dads do, we do these “fights”, just to practice a bit of grappling without punching (ok, just light contact ones). I do let it get a bit rough here and there so as to make it more realistic.

Well, today I was reminded of something. As I was going for his arm he managed to grab my hair and pull me to the side, quickly moved his legs for an arm bar. I must say I’m pretty proud that he thought of that. There’s no “dirty fighting” in a street fight and when training you have to keep it as real as possible while keeping it safe.

Still, the lesson remains that hair long enough to be grabbed can work against you in a fight and its better to keep it rather short.

I’ll be dropping by the barber tomorrow to get a haircut.
When asked how do I want it I’ll just tell them I want it short enough so that it can’t be grabbed. :-)
FerFAL
Fernando “FerFAL” Aguirre is the author of “The Modern Survival Manual: Surviving the Economic Collapse” and “Bugging Out and Relocating: When Staying is not an Option”

No comments: