.

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Thrunite TN12: Powerful Tactical Flashlight



I expected the flashlight to be powerful given its 1050 lumen output with a XM-L2 U2 LED.
I was expecting it but it still caught me by surprise.
The ThruNite TN12 is bright. Eye-scorching bright, which is precisely what you want in a tactical flashlight.
The TN12 uses one 18650 rechargeable battery or two CR123A batteries. The tail clicky button turns the light on and off and allows for momentarily on/off by pressing the switch without fully depressing it, as expected in a tactical flashlight. It has five brightness modes, 1050lm(90min) 800lm(1.5hour) 280lm(5hours) 20lm(74 hours) 0.3lm(1585hours). These can be cycled using the side switch button. Depressing that same button for a second and it activates the strobe mode.


I asked for a neutral white LED and the one I got had great coloration. One of the best I’ve seen in a long time with a bright white, slightly creamy coloration which is very pleasant and renders colors very well. The smooth reflector provides a good amount of throw. The transition from hotspot to the surrounding area is not as smooth as with an orange peel reflector, but the added throw is well worth such a slight disadvantage.

I think this is a flashlight that would work well for both tactical/defensive use, as well as a great all around flashlight for someone living in the country and needing a bright light with good throw for outdoor use.
I’ve come to appreciate Thrunite flashlights because of their quality of construction and reasonable prices. I’m glad to see that the Thrunite TN12 keeps up with such tradition.
Link: http://www.thrunite.com/thrunite-tn12-2014/

FerFAL
Fernando “FerFAL” Aguirre is the author of “The Modern Survival Manual: Surviving the Economic Collapse” and “Bugging Out and Relocating: When Staying is not an Option”.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The problem is the batteries. Not only are they expensive, hard to get but they are not made in a rechargable version.
I prefer AA. They are cheap, I can buy them anywhere, I can by them by the dozens and I can recharge them with a solar charger.