.

Friday, September 17, 2010

Gear when on the Go

As I mentioned before I'm in Colonia, Uruguay, right now. I'm packing to get back home and thought it would be interesting to show what I have in my bag.
The bag is a Saddleback briefcase.

Left to right, top to bottom:
Milka Chocolate.
Klean Kanteen
Tissue paper cleanex type
Safety Shades (a bit too dark for my taste, so I'm looking for a good alternative)
Iphone with Otterbox Defender
Asus eee 1005HA
Battery Charger
All in One Plug Adapter
First Aid Kit
Mora Knife 860 MG (stainless)
Leatherman bit Kit
Elite Tissues
Moleskine Pocket Sketchbook
Pencil (mechanic)
Fisher Bullet Space Pen
Sweedish Firesteel
Orange bag with survival/emergency kit
Mini Prybar
Emergency Cash
Spare 1xAAA LED flashlight (Fenix LD01 Clone )
Cold Steel Voyager Tanto (wasnt sure about local knife laws, so I left my bigger Vaquero behind)
Flat roll of Duct tape
Quark Mini123 LED
Eneloop AAx2
Case with AAAx4
Casio G-Shock Black X Solar Atomic Spare 123 batteries
Leatherman Wave (black oxide with clip)
IMCO Triplex Super
Eastpak Wallet

My keychain with Fenix LD01, SAK Minichap and peanut lighter was left in my jacket.
Gt to go, have fun people.

Oh, view of Rio de la Plata from the shore of Colonia:
 And FerFAL and mini FerFAL relaxing. :-)


FerFAL

15 comments:

jg said...

Lovely beach! Great trip for your son, I bet!

Anonymous said...

Life looks good Ferfal, you and Mini Me enjoy that sweet sunshine while you can. Nice kit too.

Anonymous said...

One piece of kit I would add - one of those plug in water coil heaters. Clamps to edge of cup or pot, heats your liquid to pretty warm, easy way to heat items in your hotel room without a stove or cooktop.

FerFAL said...

Thanks guyd.
Yes, those heaters are nice. I have a good one and two cheaper "spares". I should add one to the bag.

FerFAL

Anonymous said...

Nice Sippy Cup you have there?

Have fun!

FerFAL said...

Yes, that's for the baby. He didn't want to sit there with daddy for the picture. :-)

FerFAL

Anonymous said...

hey, just so you know, Smoky Mountain Knife Works has a sale going on with CS knives, bought the 29C X large Clip blade for $40, not bad at all.

EN said...

Nice! Hope you're enjoying yourself.

talnik said...

Uruguay always intrigued me as an alternative. How badly do they hate Yanks?

Anonymous said...

My bare minimum kit would be a 1 quart stainless steel water bottle or hard plastic bottle in a tin can, chlorine dioxide water purification tablets, Blast match ferocium rod, 1 trioxane fuel tab or wet fire tab, small pill bottle or container with cotton balls smeared with petroleum jelly, 4 to 7" knife, extra large bandana, long nose pliers, 25' 550 cord, tube of Neosporin, (1) 55 gallon contractors trash bag, emergency mylar blanket, button compass, toilet paper, and gorilla tape wrapped around a Bic lighter or led flashlight. All this fits into a fanny or butt pack and there are duplicate sets. a

Anonymous said...

Have to take a train with that stuff in the States...not going to be flying with it.

Anonymous said...

Glad that you and your family enjoyed some time at the beach.

parabarbarian said...

Looks like a good kit for where you are traveling. I hope you and La Familia enjoyed the vacation.

Kind of surprised to see you carry an IMCO lighter. I've had one on me since about 1968 but I'm kind of of old fashioned about some things. I figured you you more for the high tech, piezoelectric, stormproof butane lighters. Is it because of availablity of butane versus lighter fluid in Argentina?

FerFAL said...

Not really, lighter fluid is easy to find, and so is butane. I just find the IMCO to be the most rugged liquid fuel lighter, even more so than zippos, and they last twice as much when full so when I'm traveling I'll usually take an IMCO with me.

FerFAL

Anonymous said...

Your missing pepper spray. You have no choices in the force continuum except deadly force...