.

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

S&W M&P Reliability: Stick to Glocks


Why do nearly all new pistols look like Glocks? Because they want to be one!
There’s a reason why 60% of law enforcement and I’d say 9 out of 10 true firearm experts chose Glock. It may not be perfect but it sure gets close and the simple truth is that no other firearm can claim the reliability, durability ease of use and downright ubiquity of the Glock pistol.
Tons of articles can be written about firearms but just trust me:
Carry and learn the Glock pistol. If you don’t know which one then pick the Glock19 9mm.
Other than that play, experiment and collect all other firearms in the planet if that makes you happy, but for dead serious business stick to what works best.
That is all folks.
FerFAL
Fernando “FerFAL” Aguirre is the author of “The Modern Survival Manual: Surviving the Economic Collapse” and “Bugging Out and Relocating: When Staying is not an Option”.

3 comments:

B said...

Go look up Tam's tests...The Glock didn't do any better than others. Glock is used by many police agencuies because they qll but GAVE the pistols to the departments....and made their money back with armorer services (and parts). Lots of agencies are moving from GLOCK to other platforms.

Now, make no mistake...Glocks are FINE firearms. Nothing wrong with them. They do what they are supposed to do...GO bang when they should and hot where they are pointed.

But your worship of GLOCK is kinda crazy, my friend. Properly maintained quality firearms work, Poorly maintained ones don't. Period.

No, I don't carry a GLOCK...primarily because of the safety issue. Having said that, they, again, are fine firearms. Just not something to worship.

Mongo said...

Total agreement Fernando... I own 3 1911s, several SW revolvers and many others. What goes in my pocket everyday? G26 and 2 magazines. What goes next to my bed each night? G19 with light and laser. What goes in my wife's purse? G19.

Mongo said...

I totally agree Fernando. Daily = G26 and 2 magazines. NightNight = G19 with light and laser. Wife = G19 and 1 magazine.

Do I have any other choices? Yep 3 1911s 4 S&W revolvers and many more.

If anyone asks me advice my answer is G19, with a mandatory holster.