.

Monday, April 15, 2019

Car Steering Wheel Lock: 3 Great Reasons to Own One



For years I kept a similar safety lock bar in my car in Argentina.

It wasn’t as nice as this one though. It was a cheap ugly thing, but it worked. Shaped like a small baseball bat, made of steel and painted yellow. One night someone broke into my car (at that time it was parked in the street). There wasn’t much to steal and they took off, but thanks to that safety bar they didn’t take the car. It was also useful as a weapon. A short heavy steel bat can do a good bit of damage, and the neat thing is its perfectly legal and not considered a weapon.


This new one that I purchased is much nicer, has a better lock, better grip and feels a lot sturdier.
Besides its main anti-theft use, and having a Startrek Batleth weapon vibe to it, it also has a glass breaking tip at the other end. Being as heavy as it is, the metal tip will easily break glass with minimal effort. This can be important when escaping the vehicle after an accident, fire or trying to get someone else out from another car after a collision.

I believe its well work the 26 bucks it costs in Amazon. I’m happy with mine and it now lives tucked next to the driver’s seat in my car.

On the left hand, in the driver’s door storage compartment, I still have a large can of Sabre Red Pepper Spray.

It’s good to have options.

Stay safe people.

FerFAL

Fernando “FerFAL” Aguirre is the author of “The Modern Survival Manual: Surviving the Economic Collapse” and “Bugging Out and Relocating: When Staying is not an Option”

No comments: