.

Friday, June 21, 2019

This is why you should always keep a fire extinguisher in your vehicle.



I came across this situation driving back home yesterday. There was an ambulance and someone helping out with the traffic. The man seemed to have picked the fire extinguisher from the ambulance. I could see the emergency response people near but the car seems totaled to me.

I was surprised because back in Argentina, it is mandatory to have a fire extinguisher and first aid kit in your car. Police actually ask to see them when stopped. I know of a few instances in which they were used, either on the car or nearby fire.

Turns out that its not mandatory in many countries. Still, I keep one in mine and it makes a LOT of sense to have on in your vehicle if you don’t have one already.

 

The Bracketeer Car Fire Extinguisher Bracket | Universal Design Fits Most Vehicles
FerFAL
Fernando “FerFAL” Aguirre is the author of “The Modern Survival Manual: Surviving the Economic Collapse” and “Bugging Out and Relocating: When Staying is not an Option”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Fernando. Would you please tell us what type of fire extinguisher you find the most useful for vehicle? Powder, foam or CO2?

Anonymous said...

I have a fire extinguisher in all my vehicles, and a couple at home (by the exits folks). But my vehicle fire extinguishers are strictly for life-saving. If a car is on fire with no one in it, don't be a hero, let it burn. That's what insurance is for.

Sarthurk said...

I used to keep a fire extinguisher in my vehicles, and I've had to use mine on somebody else's car fire. In every instance, when asked about compensation for my fire extinguisher, that saved their automobile, I get nothing more than a thank you. I'm gonna just keep a box of baking soda from now on in my vehicles, and if that don't work, tough. At least I tried.