.

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Small E&E hidden Kit?



TIHK Handcuff Key
First of all I just want to say your book was an eye opener and got me away from the fantasy of Patriots.
I have been revamping my EDC and came across this product:
I was wondering if you had heard of it, effectively it is a universal key to handcuffs, I was curious if you thought this would be a valuable edition to an edc.
You talked about kidnaps in Argentina and you also mentioned criminals getting body armor. I was wondering if they got other equipment such as handcuffs, was it more common for them to tie their captive or use a form of handcuffs?
Again thank you for sharing your experiences in Argentina, it has really helped me instead of relying upon things such as Patriots and lights out for my source of prepping.
Thank you for your time,
-Chris
 

Hi Chirs, thanks for your email.
 Actually, I used to keep a small polymer cuff key and scalpel blade on the inside of my riggers belt, held in place by a bit of gorilla tape. The idea was to have something to open cuffs or cut cord used to tie me up during a robbery or kidnap. Given how common express kidnappings are in Argentina it does make sense.
A polymer cuff key and a small blade can be easily taped to the inside of a thick belt, it doesn’t bother you at all and should you ever need it, it will be there. I haven’t used this cuff key in particular but I would be afraid of losing it if it was just clipped somewhere being so small and all.

Somewhere else along the belt you could put a small ziplock bag with another piece of duct tape, holding a couple quarters and a couple 20 USD bills. 

FerFAL

1 comment:

skidmark said...

Seems pretty useless as indicated from the video, given that training is to have the key slot facing up when cuffing someone. A shim to use against the pawl would be much more useful.

stay safe.