.

Monday, January 19, 2015

ThruNite MCC-4 Universal Battery Charger: A Pleasant Surprise!


I have several chargers for my batteries but I’ve been looking for a nice one for some time now.
I wanted a charger that could handle multiple batteries, Nimh and Li-ion batteries and I wanted it to be capable of handling them individually in each port. Most of the chargers I own are designed to charge batteries in pairs. This complicates things given that most of the flashlights I own run on a single battery cell. Ideally, I would have loved the charger to have a display showing the voltage and battery charge stage.

Thrunite MCC-4 $39.95

You can imagine my surprise when the Thrunite MCC-4 got delivered to me this Friday, completely unexpected. The Thrunite representative was sending me a new flashlight for testing, which I knew was on its way, but she decided to also send me a charger and batteries to try out as well.
So far I’ve charged 18650 and a6340 Li-ions, which are charged up to 4.2V and AA NI-MH which charged up to 1.5 V. So far so good!

The charger can handle AA, AAA and C Nimh and 26650, 18650, 18490, 17670, 17335, 16340, 14500 and 10440 Li-ion batteries. I t also comes with a car charger for charging in vehicle.
I’ll do another review a few more months down the road but I’m honestly very happy with it. It’s exactly what I was looking for given the wide range of batteries I have floating around and the uneven number of cells that need recharging.
FerFAL
Fernando “FerFAL” Aguirre is the author of “The Modern Survival Manual: Surviving the Economic Collapse” and “Bugging Out and Relocating: When Staying is not an Option”.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-01-19/argentine-prosecutor-found-dead-hours-testimony-against-president-fernandez

Anonymous said...

And I guess its only 'coincidence' that these virtual kidnappings are becoming much more commonplace after the illegal alien inva-err - migration occurred during the past year. As well as long time eradicated childhood diseases making a comeback - another coincidence.

Not a hater of immingrants - LEGAL immigrants. The amnesty is a slap to the face of anyone who came to this country and became a citizen going through proper procedure.