.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Ballisitc Gelatin Tests

FerFal,

I have been reading your posts/blog for at least 2 years now and I
would like to thank you very much for the work that you do. I live in
the United States and have to say that, it looks like lots of the
things that you have been talking about ... are starting to shape up
into reality here. This is a very scary prospect but it is great that
lots of people are getting prepared for challenging days ahead and I
think that your website is a big help in this.

Similarly, I have been testing commonly-available defensive ammunition
in ballistic gelatin since 2004, and posting the results to my website :

www.brassfetcher.com

The concept for the website started out when I first started to carry
a concealed firearm. That particular one was a Kel-Tec P3AT. After
diligently searching around on the Internet and calling ammo
manufacturers, I learned that terminal ballistics test data, in the
hands of a 'civilian' was considered to be very 'fringe' and looked
down upon.

So, I started to shoot my own gelatin blocks and to post the results
to the Internet, for others to see.

If you haven't had the chance to look at the website, please be my
guest. It also may be of usage to visitors to your blog.

Thank you and kind regards,
John

Thanks John!
Very interesting. You also have some Body Armor penetration tests in there.

FeFAL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another good source to find out what your handgun or rifle is capable of and to dispel myths, is the Box O'Truth.

A?