.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Home and Herbal Remedy Books by Penelope Ody

I just ran across one very interesting book while cleaning and organizing my stuff. It’s a book by Penelope Ody called “Home Herbal”. I have a few others but the one by Penelope Ody is simple to understand, full of color pictures that explain things in detail. You really need no prior experience whatsoever to start making concoctions, oils and ointments using this book (yes, I did make a few). It basically explains what each plant and a few other home ingredients are capable of, its applications, and how to process them into home remedies. It even has some sort of herbal first aid kit for you to put together.
This is the book I’m talking about:

Home Herbal

 Home Herbal
She also has another book somewhat similar but bigger. I don’t have this one but the previews on Amazon show the same kind of editing, with plenty photographs:
Complete Medicinal Herbal (Natural care)
Complete Medicinal Herbal (Natural care)

This one is much more expensive, and while it titled "Complete Medical Herbal", its 192 pages long. The first one is cheaper and  144 pages long, so even though I dont own this one I'm not so sure its worth the difference. Also, this last one was published in 1993, while the first one, "Home Herbal" was published in 1995 so its bascially the latest edition. Again, I haven't read "Medical Herbal" but I do like "Home Herbal" very much, one of the few books that I consider must haves for the survival minded person's shelf.

FerFAL

No comments: