.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Reply: A gun, 1000 bucks and a bottle of water






Hey Fernando, no reply necessary, but I can't agree about the Leatherman Charge TTi multi tool. There's no corkscrew on that SOB, it's practically worthless ;-) . I prefer the JUICE® XE6 It meets my needs. LMAO. Glad you're onto an IPhone. I love mine and can't speak highly enough about it's versatility. I was in Italy in 2007 and there were three of us. Two of us had Treos, and the one woman, who's not the sharpest knife technologically speaking, kicked our asses. It was so damn easy that both of us went to Iphones within two months of returning to the states. You're doin' great work, keep it up, EN
MULTI-TOOL, JUICE, XE6, STORM, GRAY (78108011K)
Leatherman Juice XE6 Storm Gray


Thanks EN, will do. :-)
Hey, at least you have the blade to cut the cork out if needed during an emergency.   : )
I looked into the Juice a lot and came close to buying it but ended up going for the Charge Tti and a spare Wave instead. I do like the smaller multitool a lot, and I like the more traditional  (and in some cases more useful) screwdrivers in it. I have to write a post about the problems I see with the Charge/Wave, even when compared to the much smaller all time favorite little tool, the Victorinox Midnight Minichamp.  By the way, the Midnight Minichamp now comes with a white LED. It used to come with a red LED for better runtime but they've improved that. Now its just freaking awesome. If it had a lighter in there somewhere I'd get divorced only to marry this thing.
Victorinox Swiss Army Midnite Minichamp, Red
About the iphone, I managed to convince a friend (Marine gun nut) to buy one a few days ago, along with the help of another iphone user. He also got the Otter Box Defender  the three of us are currently using, so as to make the iphone more rugged and drop proof.
Now that you mention the Juice, I really should get one so as to try it out and write a review. It does seem awful convenient. Wish it had a pocket clip of some sort though.

FerFAL

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't own a Midnight Manager, but my Minichamp with scales removed for more compact is a great key chain knife. Only the essentials there.

EN said...

Thanx 4 the reply. Will order the Otter Box today.

FerFAL said...

I wouldn't recommend it if I didn't like it a lot, its ideal for people like us that want rugged gear and tools. Just be careful when installing it, any bit of dust or grit leaves a bubble so make sure everything (specially the screen) is extra clean before installing.

Fer

dc.sunsets said...

http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2010/06/putting-hard-numbers-to-the-iphone-4-antenna-issue.ars